Non wing set up help.

Discuss Technical things here, gearing, tires, motors, chassis, ect.

Non wing set up help.

Postby ironpeacock » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:45 am

I have a '98 Factor 1 and I need some setup suggestions for non wing on a very dry slick 1/4 mile flat track. Thanks fellas.
ironpeacock
Feature Winner
Feature Winner

Reputation point: 0

Postby slide job » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:25 pm

an idea for you. set 2" blocks all the way around the car and jack it up. up front you want to run the stops down until they touch. go to the back and run in the torsion screws until they touch. then add three rounds to the left rear. that is a pretty good set up for the heats. before the main add 2-3 rounds in the left front and take one out of the right rear. this is just a basic.... if the car pushes when it is tacky just take some rounds out straight across the front. make sure to put them back plus the 2-3 suggested for the main. hope this helps. i recommend you try this at a practice night before you race it. good luck :1st:
slide job
Points Runner Up
Points Runner Up

Postby micro96 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:56 pm

I'm not real familiar with Factor 1 set-ups, but a good rule to go by when running non wing is to drop the left rear corner and raise the front end up so the car has some rake in it. Thats what we do with the non wing sprint cars. Hope this helps!
micro96
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior

Postby Dqracer » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:14 am

Wings are just downforce that you can move fore & aft to aid in balancing the car to track conditions,, if you have the car setup with a good balance with a wing,, taking the wing off doesn't change your static setup,,We don't change anything with our Hyper,,it's up to the driver to change his driving style to go fast when your Non-wing, don't drive into the corner like a madman, and you'll be just a fast.. non-wing seperates the drivers with feel from the drivers with a foot..
http://www.600RRRacing.com
Quick Engineering
Dealer for Valken Wheels
Dealer for Keiser Wheels
Dealer for Joe's Racing Products

Dallas, Austin & Alisha Quick #28 01'Hyper , 09' 600 RR
Dqracer
Points Runner Up
Points Runner Up

Reputation point: 10

Return to Technical Q&A