Getting started - Need help on what Chassis

Discuss Technical things here, gearing, tires, motors, chassis, ect.
 Click to remove banner ads.

Getting started - Need help on what Chassis

Postby Fewski » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:35 pm

Just getting started in Mini Sprint racing, but raced karts for about 4 years and then had a 2 year break until now.

The cars in my area in my price range are the following:

1999 Bailey with 02 updates with 04 gsxr750

and

2000 Stewart with 03 750cc Suzuki

Looking at the results, seems there are quite a few on Bailey's and couldn't find anyone running on a Stewart. Although the Bailey's didn't have the best finishes (Looks like Hyper is the Chassis to beat).

The Bailey is almost 10 years old, but with '02 updates, verses the Stewart being almost 9 years old with no updates. What one is the best, if they cost the same?

I know, they aren't the best cars - but just looking at something to get into and upgrade to a better chassis later.

Any opinions? Thoughts are appreciated. Thanks :)

Also, racing is in Florida.
Fewski
Rookie
Rookie

Reputation point: 0

Re: Getting started - Need help on what Chassis

Postby LLLosingit » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:43 am

I run Factor one and have no experience with Stewart or Bailey but there are a few things to consider when looking for a chassis.

Parts....are you going to be able to replace what you break easily. I can call Factor One and have my parts in a couple days if needed.
Some parts will interchange but not all.

Setups...If you know little about setting up a Micro then having basic setup sheets available to you is going to make your life much easier...For example, I can look at several setup suggestions that were sent to me from Factor One, I can also call and they are more than happy to help me with any problems I may be having or just to ask what gear they suggest for a particular size track. You will learn how to setup your car the way you like it but it sure helps to have a baseline to start from.
If you have a chassis that isn't being used by many people and the builder isn't around to help you......that could make for some frustrating nights at the track.

You will need good spare parts, When I bought my car it was a sell out so I got everything I needed to hit the track with spares to fix any minor problems I have at the track.

PS. Don't think that just because its an older chassis that it can't be competitive, My car is an 01 and runs a stock R6 and can run up front with the right setup in it.
Factor One,R6

Thanks to My Sponsors
King Delivery Service, Des Moines, IA
Millers Custom Powder Coating, Des Moines, IA
LLLosingit
Feature Winner
Feature Winner

Postby lndracing41l » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:53 am

not sure you specified. Talking about upright mini sprints or the side winder a micro sprint. Totally diffrent animal. Thanks, dan
lndracing41l
Points Runner Up
Points Runner Up

Reputation point: 10

Postby hiredgun » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:02 am

i have a 02 bailey bar car, very easy to work with. no problem getting parts from bailey he builds his car with good parts durable and reliable. and since i have never heard of a stewart i would recomend going with the bailey.jmo
Last edited by hiredgun on Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Concept chassis/S.R.E/Billingsley`s auto service/Hollingsworth Performance/lMB motorsports
hiredgun
Feature Winner
Feature Winner

Reputation point: 37

Postby racinsprints » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:33 am

never heard of stewart so id check into if their still around and in business. i know bailey is still around and selling parts. like said before their websit isnt the best but a call to them can get you in the right direction and get you what you need. my car (ridgway) runs a baily rearend and components never had problem getting parts for it. You dont need brand new car to be competitive. streight car and good motor, and bolt ons, and tires will get you going. good luck
special thanks to van wall motorsports, Ti lube lubricants, and Podium ink graphics
racinsprints
Feature Winner
Feature Winner

Reputation point: 1

Postby Rapp17r » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:42 am

id check into etting a stallard. im running one and the drive like a dream. great tech support and fast shippment of parts. these cars are easy to setup as well.
www.stallardchassis.com
Rapp17r

Postby racer94 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:42 pm

i have ran alot of different chassis ranging from hyper,factor one,sawyer,stealth,to up fronts..this year i stumbled upon a lightly used 06' bailey,and i gotta tell you they are great cars,and the tech support is great on them.you need setup info,call floyd bailey and he'll have you lined out.you need parts,they get ya taken care of their too.bailey has been in the micro sprint scene since the beginning of time,they know what it takes to put you upfront.the funny thing is all these chassis builders claims to fame.i have won in every 600 car i have ever owned,just goes to show that they all build good cars and are competative..good luck,hope this helps..
Thanks to our Sponsors.....
Potter Racing Engines
Radical Graphixs
B&B Trucking
racer94
Points Runner Up
Points Runner Up

Postby Outlawracer » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:20 am

Bailey Chassis web site has been updated recently and has 2008 catalog.

http://baileychassis.com/
Outlawracer
Feature Winner
Feature Winner

Click to remove banner ads.

Return to Technical Q&A